Wednesday, March 20, 2013

BLOG TASK 2



MY TEACHING PHILOSOPHY


Teaching is an art that can defer something wonderful when the right ideas and beliefs are implemented in the classroom. I believe that the aim of teaching is not to teach students how to learn facts, or how to identify all the correct answers. I also believe that as a teacher, I must know what to teach in my classroom. It is vital that I have a solid understanding of the subject matter being taught. I realize that I cannot rely only on textbooks, but rather I must seek out other sources of information to aid in my teaching.

I will be a facilitator in my classroom. As a facilitator, I will direct my students through the subject matter in order to help the students in their own findings. According to the constructivist learning theory, the students can construct their own learning. To achieve this, I always plan my lessons according to the levels of the students and create an environment where the students can think critically and creativity.

The excellent teacher knows and appreciates students, how they develop and learn. I know that students actively produce and transform their own knowledge based on past experiences and prior learning. According to Vygotsky’s ZPD, students will learn from their prior knowledge. I know that students do not all learn in the same way or at the same rate. I believe it is my duty as a teacher to be an effective facilitator of students’ interests, abilities, and prior knowledge.

I believe a good teacher must also know how to motivate and create a positive interaction among the students. If I want actively participate all my students in the lessons, I use some of motivation techniques. Using intrinsic and extrinsic motivation techniques in our classrooms, it encourages life-long learning and it also helps to achieve effectively our daily objectives of the lessons. And I also know most learning happens through social interaction; therefore, I plan my lessons so that the students productively collaborate and cooperate with each other during most of the class time.

I believe a teacher is the most powerful of role models. Social learning theory is a perspective that states behavior is learned primarily by observing and imitating the actions of others. During my lessons I used to include more examples, activities and real material, so I hope students will gain the lesson more effectively. And also I create some chances to present their ideas among the students. I try to treat all people with dignity and respect, and I expect my students to do as same.

Finally, a teacher is dedicated to teach his or her students, and to making the future the best possible place for all of us to live. And I also believe a teacher should have multiple of roles and responsibilities in his/her way of delivering the lessons and his/her personality as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment